The award is named in honor of Keith Winterhalder, a long time member and former president of the Association, for his outstanding contributions to the Association and for his never-failing interest and encouragement of the student members of the CBA/ABC.
- The competition for the Keith Winterhalder Undergraduate Travel Award is open to student members of the CBA, who are in their fourth year of an undergraduate degree or who have completed an undergraduate degree in the past 6 months.
- Students must present a paper in the Lionel Cinq-Mars Award competition or a poster in the Taylor Award competition at the Annual Meeting of CBA/ABC.
- No student may receive more than one bursary while registered for the same degree
- Students applying for the Keith Winterhalder Undergraduate Travel Award must do so no later than the submission deadline for abstracts to the Annual Meeting The date will be published on the Annual Meeting Website
- The application must contain the following documents:
- A copy of the abstract of the paper to be given at the Annual Meeting in the Cinq-Mars Competition or in the Iain and Sylvia Taylor Poster competition.
- A supporting letter from the student’s Honours thesis supervisor.
- The student’s curriculum vitae (one page).
- A letter of recommendation from a member of the Biology/ Botany department of the University where the student is, or was, an undergraduate.
- Applications should be sent the the President of CBA/ABC: